Diploma and Grade Promotion Requirements
* Grade placement is according to age as per MOE requirements.
* Promotion to next grade level follows successful completion of all academic requirements for each class as well as good behavioral standing.
Graduation Requirements :
• 28 credits for grades 9 to 12 inclusive.
• A minimum GPA of 2.0
• 20 hours of documented community services.
• Complete fulfillment of National exam standards set by MOE
• To meet Honor Roll requirements a student must be in good behavioral standing as well as a GPA over 3.6 for highest honors with no grades lower than ‘B’. A student is rewarded honor status for GPA 3.2 to 3.59 with no grade lower than ‘C’.
• To graduate with Honor a cumulative GPA is required.
Application to Egyptian Universities and Ministry requirements:
Students graduating with an American Diploma apply within the 5% quota dedicated to foreign certificates.
The final score is calculated as follows:
– 60% of the final grade from SAT exams.
– 40% from the average marks of 8 full credits from school grades with a maximum of 3 credits from grade 11.
These courses should include:
* English, Maths. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography.
* Economics & Statistics, Psychology, Sociology, Computers, Technology.
* Foreign Languages (French German), Arabic as a First Language.
Application to some colleges requires a specific selection of subjects. It is important to verify that these subjects are present on the student’s transcript.
No student will be allowed to graduate with a GPA below 2.0 as well as completion of all graduation requirements.
Credits and Grading:
|Math||Math 109 (Algebra1)||1||9||-----|
|Math 110 (Algerra2 +Geometry)||1||10||Math 109|
|Math 111 A (Algebra+ Pre-calculus)||1||11||Math 110|
|Math 112 (Statistics+ Economics)||1||12||Math 111 B|
|Advanced Math (Calculus+ Mechanics)||1||12||Math 111 A|
|Science||General Science 109 (Physical, Earth & Life Science)||1||9||------|
|Advanced Physics||1||12||Science 109|
|Advanced Biology||1||12||General Biology|
|English 110||1||10||English 109|
|English 111||1||11||English 110|
|English 112||1||12||English 111|
|Arabic 110||1||10||Arabic 109|
|Arabic 111||1||11||Arabic 110|
|Arabic 112||1||12||Arabic 111|
|S.S.E||World Geography & Culture||1||9||------|
|World History I (Ancient+ Medieval)||1||10||------|
|World History II (Modern )||1||11||World History I|
|Information Technology & Computer Science||ComputerIT 109||0.5||9||None|
|ComputerIT 110||0.5||10||Comp.IT 109|
|ComputerIT 111||0.5||11||Comp.IT 110|
|ComputerIT 112||1||12||Comp.IT 111|
The following is a table representing the code of letter grades and the corresponding percent scale as well as GPA on a 4.0 scale:
|Letter Grade||% Scale||4.0 Scale|