Learning Disabilities &Slow Learner Classes
First: our vision for the Learning Disabilities &Slow Learner Classes
1- The goal
To establish a new generation of students with learning difficulties and slow learner that is able to meet challenges of the times and keep up with scientific advances. Also to build up respect for individual abilities and self- confidence through the development of skills and individual capabilities of all students. Talented student is also one of the most important goals in our classes.
2- The educational system:
A) Department of Arabic language :-
Arabic is being addressed in a new form to keep pace with educational technology to enter into competition with other system of educational technology in the world ( U.S- England – Germany ).
B) Department of American Diploma
It aims to improve and develop the study Skills in American diploma through strengthening of Multimedia. Students in these classes work in groups or one to one sessions.
Second: How the educational process goes
Faith in God and educational technology will continue to be our motto ( Science – and faith) they are our motive to promote this generation and the development of education and intellectual abilities goes as the following:-
- Qualified teachers and assistants.
- Teachers for students with learning difficulties.
- Psychologist and behavioral therapist.
- Psychiatric and Neurological Doctors.
- Physiotherapy- speechtherapist.
- Programming all curriculums
through Multimedia and post students in access to technology information. Through: focusing – understanding – listening skills .Also creativity and discovery of themselves through enhancing their memory – Accuracy – – self confidence and independency.
- Our academic year are three semesters:
A) The first semester: September – January.
B) The second semester: February – May.
C) The Third semester : June – July.
- Our classes ranges between ( 3-6) students and one to one sessions if needed.
- Homework is a repetition to what has been taught during the day.
- Weekly sheets, is a revision of what has been taught throughout the whole week .
- Educational Therapeutic Programs during the scholastic year according to the psychological educational assessment .
- The Bright effective educational classes: (Bee classes ) teach the Ministry of education, curriculum .
- Integration system : being efficiently done with mainstream students. This integration helps the students to enjoy simplified test system.
- Friendly classes: meant for dyslexic students and other students in need. It is done for our students and also students from other schools.
- Certificates are received by the end of the year from the Ministery of education and American diploma.
Third: The Activities :-
-Trips & camps: Scientific and entertainment trips –boy scouting.
– Music & Drama.
– Arts & craft.
– develop their independency & self confidence
Fourth: Other services :-
1- Pediatric Learning disability clinic
PLDC is established for low and normal I.Q who have difficulties in their academic achievements. Our clinic a pioneer for being among the first learning disability centers in the Middle East. We provide Proper dignoses and solutions for students who face challenges in coping with peers and/or performing unsuccessfully at school. This center is dedicated to help these children with learning difficulties in school, home and society.
PLDC helps children suffering from:
- Learning Difficulties .
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ( HDHD)
- Dyslexia .
- Autism .
- Memory problems .
- Slow learner .
- Behavioral problems .
- Emotional and psychological problems .
- Neurological & pediatric problems .
The Students from out side the school (other governments and from Arab countries) special therapeutic Programs are done to enhance their problems during school vacations or / and after school days .
3- training courses
for teachers, parents and all the employees to prepare them to achieve the highest level in scientific and psychological balance.
4- Family support groups For Parents to change negative behavior into positive behavior for our students.